When I go and try to use the ios braille input to type a text or iMessage, it
does not work for me.  It works fine everywhere else, but not there.
This is not new, it has been going on since at least ios 8.2, and possibly
earlier, I just do not remember earlier than that.
I will also say that this is not phone specific.  It used to do the same thing
on my iPhone 5, and now it does it on my iphone 6, which I got in May.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, like I said, I use it everywhere else just
fine.
This is what I do.
1, Open messages.
2, Flick down to who I want to send a message too and double tap on their name.
3, Go down to the bottom of the screen and double tap the message edit box.
4, Switch the rotor to braille, and hold the phone in away mode.
5, When I try to type, nothing happens.  I tried switching it to table top
mode, then back to away mode, still nothing happens when I try to type.  I have
also tried to calibrate the dots, but still no response.
6, When I switch the rotor to something else and check the message box, there
is of coarse nothing there.

Is there anything else that I need to do before I start typing?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Chris