From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Alan Lemly
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2015 10:16 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Report on transferring my library from a Windows 7 to Windows 10
computer

Neal,

I'm a little concerned that you'll need to leave that USB flash drive attached
to your computer or the next time iTunes tries to access something you copied
from it, it won't be able to find the item. Maybe they've made it harder to
shoot yourself in the foot when adding stuff from portable drives but I know
with past versions of iTunes, I got into trouble by adding stuff to the library
from a flash drive that didn't stay attached to my computer.

I think Richard might have alluded to this in one of his posts to this thread
when he mentioned something about having iTunes copy the files to your main
hard drive's folders.

I know when I set up my new computer in the next few weeks, I plan to duplicate
my iTunes Media folder structure on my new computer and then let iTunes add
everything from the main hard drive instead of from a flash drive.

I'm curious if you remove your source flash drive and then go into the list of
apps on iTunes, what happens. I think you said you mainly were copying apps
from the flash drive.

Alan Lemly