We're there already. We have touch screens in our banks now and personally won't use them because you can't use them quickly enough and, make a mistake, and before you know it, your card is gobbled up!

No thanks.

Carol P

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eileen Misrahi" <eileen.misr...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2015 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: Do you use ATM to cash your money?

My question to you are: If in the future the ATM companies may opt for touch screens, where will this leave us?, Will we be back to square one like several years ago when the NFB sued Diebold?, and What was the companies response in regards to accessibility if they choose to proceed with touch screens? All I can say is that the POS machines in various types of establishments have become less accessible. I can swipe my card, put the pin in, but the ability to select cash back and to accept the amount of purchase is not accessible because these options are on a touch screen. This makes me once again dependent upon others to complete my transaction.

To answer another post about the ATM machines in the US, all of the banks that I need to perform a transaction with have headphone jacks. For the most part, I don’t have any problems using the machines if I do elect to use them. Since most computer software in the ATMs are still on XP, I usually go into the bank to do all of my banking or at home with online services. At least at home, I can control the security aspect as best as I can.

Eileen