Here’s the latest on this issue from Apple Accessibility. I suspect it’s the
final word. Keith

From: Apple Accessibility [mailto:accessibil...@apple.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:20 PM
To: Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
Subject: RE: iPhone for those with no hand movement; Follow-up: 627217325

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. It appears that we provided the wrong path to the
setting. We apologize for this error. The correct path is Settings > General >
Accessibility > Switch Control > Speech.

Switch Control is a feature that was introduced in iOS 7 that allows users to
control the device through the use of the screen, camera, or external switches.
Switch Control can be configured in a number of different ways to fit the
user's method of input, and also includes a speech function which will speak
what is currently selected on the screen.

Assistive Touch is a feature that allows the user to control certain functions
of the device with an on-screen button. This button may be dragged to different
points on the screen, and may be configured to perform custom gestures. This
feature works with VoiceOver.

More information is available via these links from our online user guide:

Switch Control<http://help.apple.com/iphone/8/#/iph400b2f114>

Assistive Touch<http://help.apple.com/iphone/8/#/iph96b21954>

Sincerely,

Apple Accessibility