Hi,
TuneIn Radio Pro gives you access to tons of radio stations and podcasts and
has no advertizing and allows you to record shows.
At this poin, you still can't save those recordings off to another device, but
that doesn't sound like it would affect your choice.
Premium adds to the features by offering, they say, forty thousand audio books.
What kind of titles or what the source is I don't know.
I think there is other premium content, not sure.
If you are in the United States, are you already using the BARD service from
the National Library Service?
All those books are free and they are getting new books constantly and many
commercial audio books which are the same recordings you would get if you
purchased them from Audible, or on CD.
One of my favorite book resources is BookShare.
They now have over 350 thousand titles. You have to use an app like VoiceDream
Reader and have a computer voice read the books, but I am finding some of the
new voices to read almost as good as a human reader.
I am fond of British female readers, and the Amy voice is amazing to me.
Bookshare is $50 per year. VoiceDream is a one time fee of $9.99.
The better voices like Amy is another $4.99, but well worth it.
The other advantage with Bookshare books is that you have a searchable text
version of the book, so you can find quotes, highlight passages, define words,
etc.
Plus, since the books are text not audio recordings, they take up very little
space on the iPhone.
I hope that is useful information.
Richard