Hello Lynn,

I suggest that you, and all interested parties, join me in submitting a
feedback report to apple about the loss of the specific number of messages in a
thread being announced by VoiceOver.

The following is the feedback I just submitted to apple.  Please feel free to
use any or all of it in your submission.

I will post this subject in a new thread, also.

Mark

[Begin Report]
TITLE:
Request to Have VoiceOver Once Again Announce the Number of Messages in a
collapsed Email Message Thread

In iOS 8.x and earlier, VoiceOver would announce the actual number of messages
in a collapsed email message thread.  In the currently released version of iOS
9.0, VoiceOver, instead of announcing the number of messages in the thread,
merely says, “Multiple messages in thread.”  The number of messages in a thread
is important because said number may indicate how important or urgent the
thread is to the user.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
To reproduce this issue:

1.
>From the LaunchPad, select Settings.

2.
Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

3.
Set Preview to None.

4.
Set “Organize by Thread” to, “ON”.

5.
Launch the native iOS 9.0 Mail app.

6.
In the Messages Table, place VoiceOver focus on a message thread containing
multiple messages.

EXPECTED RESULTS:
I expect VoiceOver to announce the actual number of messages in the thread.

ACTUAL RESULTS:
VoiceOver says, “Multiple messages in thread.”
[End Report]