From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Mary Otten
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 9:45 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Questions for users of voice dream reader with iVona voices

I know Christine is talking about backing up my voice dream library through
filesharing on iTunes. I have just heard from a few people for whom that did
not work well recently. Hence my hesitation in relying on it.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 30, 2015, at 6:04 PM, Gmail <englishride...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Christina isn't talking about a backup of your iPhone to iTunes, she's
talking about backing up your voice dream reader library to iTunes via
iTunes file sharing.

>> On Sep 30, 2015, at 2:46 PM, Mary Otten <motte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Since an iTunes backup was the source of this problem, I am reluctant to
suppose that another backup is going to save me. I think I would preferred
to go through the laborious process of making sure I have actual access to
all the books, rather than trusting another iTunes backup. But I do
appreciate that this is the way you are supposed to be able to do it. I am
just curious to see if anyone else who upgraded has had a similar problem
with these voices on their new phone.
>> Mary
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Sep 30, 2015, at 2:41 PM, Christina C. <blindmaclo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> backup your voice Dream library via iTunes if you have to uninstall the
app and reinstall it.

>>> Christina

to a new phone, a 6S or a 6S plus, whether or not you are still able to use
your iVona voices. You may have seen a thread that I started detailing my
problems when I updated used my iTunes back up and became unable to use my
iVona voices.
first, that I didn't have the latest version, which I do. Then he said I
should probably just uninstall and reinstall the app. I could do that of
course, but then I will lose my books on this device. So, I will have to
re-download the books onto my iPad mini before reinstallation if that really
proves necessary. Before doing this however, I would like to know if others
are experiencing the same issue with these voices. It involves having to
re-download the voices and having them then become not accessible. This
causes a crash.

or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the

Groups "VIPhone" group.

>>> The following information is important for all members of the VIPhone
list.

if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

>>> The archives for this list can be searched at
>>> ---
Groups "VIPhone" group.