Hi Maria.
It's a one time fee, and if you are prompted to upgrade again, after
entering your apple ID and password, the App Store is smart enough to
realize you've already purchased this app and will not charge you
again. As for the Safari page launch, I'm not sure why it will not
load, but I believe that's the page where you have to authorize
VoiceBook to access your Facebook timeline.

Scott