In iOS 9, there are some settings that might help.
One is the ability to turn off the "shake to undo." Also in the accessibility
settings is one called Touch Accomodations. I've tried to copy what it says
there so you can read about it and then perhapss try it out and show your
friend.
If you have trouble using the touch screen, adjust the following settings to
change how the screen will respond to touches.
Hold Duration:
The duration you must touch the screen before a touch is recognized.
Ignore Repeat:
The duration in which multiple touches are treated as a single touch.
Tap Assist:
Use Initial touch location:
Use final touch location:
Enable Tap Assistance to allow any single finger gesture to perform a tap.

I hope that is helpful.
Richard