hi Alan,
No worries about the questions, we all started at the same place.
Writer only opens txt files.
But, you can export to several different formats.
Now, most of the time I have done the markup in Writer, so entering the number
signs before the headings, etc.
I find using a bluetooth keyboard because that is easier.
Maybe it would be helpful if you explained more about what you are trying to
accomplish.
I may have missed a piece.
Thanks,
Richard