The BARD Mobile app would have to have a cloud component, but maybe it could leverage the account you already have on the BARD site.

I wouldn't worry about this taking resources away from the recording and distribution of books though. I'm fairly certain those are separate sets of resources.

I'm perfectly happy with the pace of change and updates in the BARD Mobile app. It was usable before, and although the updates are appreciated, there was nothing there I couldn't have waited for.