From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sandy Tomkins
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:14 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: I'm Just Not Getting the Hang of Flexy.

Hallo Krister,

    I don't generally join in these debates about specially generated apps
etc, but in the case of Fleksy, I have been tempted. The simple fact is that
the way Fleksy works, it is equally valuable to sighted typists. For
example, my partner can type about ten times faster using Fleksy as opposed
to the built in keyboard. Plus, many people find their fingers too large to
safely hit the right key. Fleksy makes this unimportant. So, I suppose I am
saying that, for once, the cart has come before the horse and that something
developed with the VIP community in mind, might actually find a much greater
mainstream market.

    I think we may well see Fleksy being bought by Apple for inclusion into
its IOS.

    Happy tapping, Sandy.

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 Aug 2012, at 12:16, Krister Ekstrom <kris...@kristersplace.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> This is one of many reasons why i never ever ever will get Fleksy. What
would i want it for when there's an adequate keyboard already present and
one that can adapt to the situations, so if there's an email, to type the
adress, there will pop up a keyboard with relevant signs already in place. I
know i'm politically incorrect but i say it anyway, why do i want a special
solution because i'm blind? And before anyone says it, it's not the apps
themselves i'm afraid of, they're there in the app store for grabbing, if
you want 'em get 'em, what i'm afraid of is the demand it brings. When we
get enough special solutions to do all kinds of things for us, we won't ever
want to investigate what's already in the store, because it doesn't do what
the blind require, and all of a sudden we're back in the hands of Freedom
Science fiction, GW Micro, Sendero and the other companies who sell badly
programmed solutions for a humongous price, and that's what i wanted to
avoid when i first got the IPhone.
> And down from his soap box he slithers.
> /Krister
>
> 21 aug 2012 kl. 12:17 skrev "Sandy Finley" <finleykn...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Debbie, thanks for having the guts to admit this; I feel the same as you.
I have come to the conclusion that I simply have not practiced typing enough
on the iPhone. With BT keyboards and Siri it's easy to avoid typing on the
phone. Ive gotten somewhat better but I', still not a proficient typist on
the phone. I think that as I force myself to practice more on the phone my
skills on Fleksy will improve.

>> Sandy

landscape mode?  I almost never get a word in the list that i intended to
type.  I can't figure what I need to do to practice.

right of the screen for new line as every time I swiped to the right and
held my finger to get the new line it put a period on the end of the word I
just typed.  Sometimes I did not want the period as I had put in a comma or
a colon.  Has anyone noticed this?  Perhaps it is my fingers!

>> On another note, how do you do a wink and a smile with punctuation!
Curious minds and all of that!
>> Reggie

shortcut.  Flicking down on the (at) brings up a bunch of email suggestions
like @gmail, or @yahoo.  That is pretty cool!

>> I was also successful in doing the smile & wink via punctuation.
>>
>> I like that there is the option to use the lower right button for new
line.

>> One question I have is, how do I enter a space.  For example, when I
entered the & symbol, I noticed there was no space between it and the
following word.

>> Anyway, I just wanted to add in my positive comments on this app.  I'm
pleased more than I expected.  I had fast fun composing a Facebook status
via Fleksy.