My new iPhone has the capability of doing Wi-Fi calling. It was not on by
default. When I turned it on, it seemed to allow me to also have my iPad mini
two, which is not a cell model, do this Wi-Fi calling. So I googled around and
wasn't really able to find out very much information. I understand the purpose
of Wi-Fi calling is to let you make phone calls when your cell network is weak.
However, if you have it enabled, and are in an area with a strong cell signal,
will you use your cellular network? Or will you use your Wi-Fi network? This
is, of course, assuming the Wi-Fi network is also strong. And how would a Wi-Fi
enabled iPad with no cellular capability do wi-Fi calling? Or, if you do have
Wi-Fi calling enabled, and are out in the city and have no Wi-Fi available,
will you still be able to use your cell network without turning this feature
off? I am just not clear about whether it is a good idea to have it turned on
all the time, or just turn it on when you need it.
Mary