hi Kimber,
To speak true, I've only had real success with the Guardian cryptic online
crossword. this is mainly because it was free and I didn't have to take out a
subscription so nothing lost if it didn't work. years ago, before I had an
iPhone, I did play with the times online crossword, but it was inaccessible in
those days anyway. I wouldn't mind paying for subscriptions, but won't do it
again only to find they are not accessible. what I like about this app is the
fact that you can take out a subscription to a paper and then access their
Crosswords. however, the app itself is still problematical. I do have high
hopes  that they will fix it though. to what address did you write  them for
support? I would like to add my voice to yours. it is so much nicer being able
to do these crosswords on the phone, you can move around, do other things,
while thinking of the answers. ironically, I can still do the Guardian cryptic
crossword using my iPhone four running iOS 6.13 (I think it is). luckily, I
never upgraded that phone, so, I can still get my daily fix! strangely, when I
first upgraded to 9.02, I could just about manage it on my iPhone 6, but this
only lasted for two days and then it stopped working. it seems to be a question
of focus with voice-over. I did write to the guardian support people, but
really I think it is a question of voice-over rather than their app. this has
become my benchmark for voice-over accessibility, i.e., if it works with the
crossword, then all is right with  the world.

successful solving to you, Sandy

Sent from my iPhone