Hi. No, the 2 factor authentication is different from iCloud Keychain.
Keychain keeps passwords and log-in information secure in Safari,
while 2 factor authentication prevents someone else from unlocking or
getting into your iPhone, at least I think that's right.

Wayne

On 10/27/15, Regina Alvarado <reggie.alvar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where can I find this? Is it tied to the keychain I did not want to turn on
> but could find no way to avoid? What need are these 2 things, and if
> keychain is not necessary how do I take it off? The necessity to always put
> in my apple password is a pain every time I shut off my phone. I need
> explanation from tekies who are smarter about technology than me.
>
> reggie & Lex
>
> On Oct 27, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Alex Hall <mehg...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> It's only if you enabled two-factor authentication before the iOS9 update.
> You would have been given a recovery key that you were warned to not lose.
> If you enabled it more recently, no such key is provided, and verification
> happens differently. If you don't have the feature enabled at all, there's
> nothing to worry about, though I would encourage you to turn it on as soon
> as you can.
>> On Oct 27, 2015, at 17:24, Regina Alvarado <reggie.alvar...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> What I have been getting is to verify my apple ID password in settings.
>> When I tap on this I am put in settings. I can then put in my apple
>> password. Everything goes well until the next time I turn off my phone. No
>> code asked for. What is this code, and where can I get it in case they
>> ask?
>>
>> reggie & Lex
>>
>> On Oct 24, 2015, at 10:23 AM, Rajmund <brajmund2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> And if you don't get it. Is that OK, too? I haven't even typed in a
>> password after the update.

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt
My website: