Hi Christine,

I don't use the Voice Memos app a lot, but I just did a little test and
recorded for a few seconds. After I stopped recording and saved the recording,
at first I couldn't even double tap on it to play the recording. It listed the
recording and Voiceover said "Dimmed" after it. I realized that when I did a
double tap and hold on it, Voiceover would say Row Expanded" and at that point
I was able to swipe through the screen and review the title, date, recording
length, there was a slider for flicking up and down to adjust where you were in
the playback and buttons for Play, Share, Edit and Delete.
Obviously the Share button is where you would want to go, here I had the usual
option to share via Air Drop, Message, email and also to "Save to Dropbox".
Keep in mind that if your friend has never enabled that share extension, he or
she may have to double tap on "More" and enable this.

To summarize, I think the Voice Memos app is a bit of a mess, it seems to be
not exactly intuitive to use. For example, if you double tap and hold to expand
the recording you put focus on, you do get buttons for Play, Share, Edit and
Delete. However, there is no back button at the top left or a Done button at
the top right and in fact the only way to get out of that screen is to tap the
Edit button. As soon as you do Voiceover says "Row Collapsed", but while you
can now record a new memo, you still are not on the main screen, you have to
find the "Done" button to get completely back to the main screen.
I also found that it is very difficult to find most of the buttons by exploring
the screen, they are in strange places and appear to be very small.
My conclusion is that one would be much better off to use a third-party voice
recording app. If you want it super simple and it is your goal to have the
recordings in Dropbox, just get the app "Dropvox". Note it has a "v" as in
"victor" in the middle. I find it easiest to make a "Voice Recordings" Or
"Voice memos" folder in Dropbox on the computer, then go into the Settings for
Dropvox and select that folder.
If you want it to be super fast you could enable to automatically start
recording when you open the app and at this point all you have to do is open
the app or ask SIRI to open it, once it's open it will automatically record,
double tap to stop recording when done and your recording will automatically
upload to the specified folder in Dropbox. You can even set it to only upload
via WiFi and this way you wouldn't be using your data. The format is MP3 so
it's very universal and you can play the voice memos with virtually everything.
The Voice Memos app from Apple saves in M4A format, still no problem for most
computers and devices, but I like how simple and functional the Dropvox app is.