OK so here in Mexico and other countries, what Gps apps work fine?

-----Mensaje original-----
De: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] En nombre de
Sieghard Weitzel
Enviado el: MiƩrcoles, 22 de Agosto de 2012 02:16
Para: viphone@googlegroups.com
Asunto: RE: GPS applications that work well with voice over

Hi Marissa,

You most likely get the usual responses which are to use Sendero LookAround
or Ariadne GPS in combination with a full-fletched turn-by-turn solution
with voice guidance such as Navigon or Motion X GPS Drive. TomTom also has
such an app although I would say most people on the list use Navigon or
Motion X GPS. Sendero is also working on developing what one would believe
is a Trekker like app for the iPhone, the project is funded by Seeing Eye so
I think money isn't a problem and with Sendero's expertise I would expect
such an app to be fairly promising. Of course nobody knows what it will
cost, my guess is it could be anywhere from $50 to $150. $50 to $80 would
put it around what navigon costs or a bit higher, $100 or above would be
expensive for an app, but if it really offered a Trekker like experience on
a stabil platform like the iPhone I would have no problems spending the
money, it's still a lot cheaper than the $800 one has to put on the table
for a Breeze, when I bought my Trekker Maestro in November 2007 it was
$2,000, what a joke, but back then we didn't know better and the accessible
iPhone hadn't happened yet, in fact, the iPhone only had just happened. For
more information I suggest you either search the archives to read up about
what's been discussed on the list already, you can also go to
www.Applevis.com where you find some good reviews and I also recommend the
Ariadne website at www.AriadneGPS.eu where you find a nice 6-part series of
Podcasts about Ariadne.

Good luck,