From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2015 12:36 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Apple Music is coming to Sonos on December 15

Hi Sonos fans,

Thought I post the below article from 9to5Mac.com about the soon forthcoming
addition of Apple Music to the already incredibly comprehensive list of
supported music services on Sonos:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/11/30/apple-music-sonos

Article text:

Apple Music streaming is coming to Sonos speakers on December 15th

Zac Hall - 6 days ago

Sonos users rejoice: Apple Music support now has a date, December 15th. Sonos
support for Apple Music fulfills a promise made by Apple in June to bring the
subscription service to the connected speakers by the end of the year. Opening
the Apple Music catalog for subscribers and free trial members brings a massive
collection of content to Sonos speakers.

If you’re looking to jump into the Sonos ecosystem, 9to5Toys recently
highlighted an excellent Play:1 Starter Set deal for $349, which includes two
Sonos Play:1 units (reg. $199 each). Sonos also offers a medium-packaged Play:3
($299) and a larger, all-new Play:5 ($499, previewed here).

The Sonos speakers already supported a huge library of streaming music services
including Beats Music and Spotify as well as DRM-free local music on iPhones
and Macs, but Apple Music has been unsupported. Trying to stream or playback a
song from the subscription music service serves up a DRM error message,
requiring line-in connections to work which eliminates wireless and multi-room
playback. Starting with a public beta in a couple weeks, Sonos users will be
able to stream anything from the Apple Music collection to single or multiple
connected speakers simultaneously.

Sonos support is also notable because it brings Apple Music closer to feature
parity with Beats Music, which it is based on and replaces. Apple already
delivered on its promise to bring Apple Music to Android, albeit in beta, as a
fall release.

Both moves show Apple is dedicated to bringing Apple Music to as many users as
possible, although it has no plans to support Windows Phone like Beats Music
did (for market-share reasons). Apple Music is also available on the fourth-gen
Apple TV with Siri support in the works on the new set-top box and subscribers
can download tracks locally to Apple Watch for wireless playback without
iPhones.

Sonos recently released Trueplay, a feature for fine-tuning Sonos wireless
speakers for their surroundings to offer the best sound for the room. Trueplay
works with both PLAY:5 speakers as well as all PLAY:1 and PLAY:3 speakers.

Sonos customers interested in trying Apple Music on December 15th ahead of its
general launch in 2016 can sign up here to participate. The release is timely
as Beats Music shuts down today. Because Sonos provides a Controller app to
manage streaming media sources from the cloud to its sources, the update will
not require an iOS update like 9.2 as it will work through the Sonos app and
not Apple’s Music app.

to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com> .