Hi,
You have to sign in to iMessages with your appleID. After doing this, there is an option in the messaging settings screen called receive at. It will say how many addresses you are receiving iMessages at. Double tap it and you can make sure that your phone number is selected. I think you can also deselect your email address. Also on that screen is the caller ID which lets you select what will be displayed when someone receives a message from you. Make sure your number is selected and your email isn't. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jenifer Gilley" <claudas...@gmail.com>
To: "The iPhone List" <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:05 AM
Subject: iMessaging won't activate.

Hi all.
For some reason my iMessaging feature got turned off on my phone. Now it won't let me turn it back on unless I use my apple ID. I thought before I had it where it used my phone number. I don't want to use my apple ID because I don't get mail at that address anymore. Now, what can I do?
Thanks for any help.
Jenifer.