Hi,

I wanted to share an experience in case someone might find it helpful. Years
ago when I received my first iPhone, the 3GS, I was offered a free email
address from AT&T  with the address ending in att.net so I gleefully
accepted it. I have always just used it sparingly and always in the native
mail app. Now four iPhones later, on my 128 GB 6S+ I decided to try setting
my att.net address up in my outlook app since I have Outlook 2016 on two
machines and also the Outlook app on my phone. However, I had no idea how to
begin setting it up since it had been years since I had thought about any of
the settings.

Well it just so happened that tonight I was talking to an AT&T rep on an
unrelated matter and I asked him about this and he looked it up. He even had
to consult several other people and he told me to use the Yahoo preset in
Outlook. I should have thought of that since on the computer they are both
merged now. I did wonder about it briefly but didn't bother to try it.

I'm relating this for several reasons. First, when setting up the att.net
address it asked me to solve a Captia. I want to say that I was very
impressed with my iPhone six S+ speaker. I chose the audio Captia and solved
it the first time through. This is with Yahoo. So you know how incredible
that was. Second, while Outlook does all the work for you once you provide
your email address and password and solve the Captia, it might not work the
first time. For me, it asked me to use something called Legacy and when I
selected Legacy all of my att.net email just appeared instantly in my
Outlook app.

This is not to start a debate over whether the native mail or Outlook ap
should be used but to provide helpful information for anyone wishing to set
up AT&T or Yahoo email in Outlook on their iPhone.

Hope that helps.

Merv