Gordan Radić

Posjetite-portal-Nemoguća-vizija
Pišite nam Posjetitenas na Facebooku Pratite nas na Twitteru
3.1.2016. u 19:20, Mary Otten je napisao/la:
Hi Russ,
I just tried the Kindle sample for one of the books. And while all you get is the introduction and then the start of some basic definitions, that is, no actual recipes, the book reads fine on my iPad. So, it makes me think I could buy the Kindle book and succeed and then it makes me wonder what the hell is up with iBooks all over again? I sent my receipts off to Apple accessibility, since there is no information in the receipt regarding any contact to whom one may apply regarding problems with books. I thought there used to be such info, but it was not present in either of these receipts. Anyway, it looks like the Kindle book will work.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 3, 2016, at 7:27 AM, Russ Kiehne <russ94...@gmail.com> wrote:

Did you try the sample of the same books from the Kindle store to see if you get the same results?

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Otten
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2016 11:21 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com ; macvoiceo...@freelists.org ; MacVisionaries 'Adrian Leong' via
Subject: Really disgusted with iBooks this evening

Hello all,
Today, I purchased two cookbooks in the iBooks store. I could have purchased them on Kindle, but because I have generally had better luck navigating the specifics of a book and iBooks, I spent my money there. Neither book is readable on my iPad or my iPhone. After I get rid of the ridiculous non-friendly view in table of contents by changing it to a list of you, and double tap on the chapter I want to read, I don't get anything intelligible. I get random letters and voiceover saying "background image" background image" background image" ad infinitum. It has been a while since I have purchased a cookbook. And if this is how they're all going to be, it's going to be a lot longer before I waste anymore money on Apple's books. Have others had similar problems? I wrote Apple accessibility. And I suppose they're probably going to send me off to some damned link that will have six other links that I will have to follow and eventually get nowhere, which is what happened to me the last time
they sent me on a wild goose chase after an iTunes problem. I hope not, since this is clearly an excess ability problem, so they ought to go to bat and number one, figure out what causes it and fix it and also help out with refunds. But I really am curious if others are having this problem.
Mary