Hi, Flash and torch are the same thing. They are the ca'mera's light and many
apps, including CamFind have three options, off, so the light is never used so
you depend on room or outdoor lighting.
On, so it is on all the time, which is the current setting with AIPoly.
Auto, which lets the sensor in the camera decide if there is enough light to
get a good image.
In the United States, it is usually called flash. I first heard the term torch
used in England.
HTH,
Richard