Hi Jerry,

Rajmund is entirely correct, it should have been you who should have made sure
the phone was wiped clean before you traded it in. I would go to this store
manager and tell him or her that this was a mistake and that you need to reset
the phone back to factory defaults. Either take a sighted person who can check
that it is done or tell him to give you the phone right there, turn on
Voiceover, go into Settings > General > Reset and tap to erase all content and
settings. If he or she refuses contact the store owner and insist that this is
done.

I hope this is a lesson learned for you, in any case, storing your credit card
openly in an unprotected and unencrypted note is just asking for trouble. If
you have to have it written down somewhere at least use a mostly secure way to
do so by putting it into a password manager, most of them also have so-called
"SafeNotes" or whatever the particular application calls them. I use Roboform
and in particular the Roboform Everywhere service. All my passwords are
encrypted and stored on their server and the same goes for the SafeNotes. I can
access them with the Roboform application on all my computers where I have to
enter a Master Password to unlock these notes. The Roboform iPhone app is very
accessible and you can protect it with its own PIN or use Touch Id to unlock
it. This way nobody can see my passwords and sensitive information I store in
SafeNotes even if they were to get a hold of my phone when it was  unlocked.