Hi Fazil,

I just downloaded the Cathay Pacific app to check it out and it does look like
there are some definite accessibility issues.

The first few hings are OK, here is what happened when I first opened the app:

1.       A message came up asking if I would allow the app to use my location.
I said OK to that.

2.       A message came up asking if I would allow Notifications and I also
said OK to that.

3.       Next my location/country came up and I think this is where you said
you couldn’t get past this. It correctly came up with Canada and you can tap on
that and select another country, but if you swipe right once from the country
there is a confirm button. I double tapped it and this brought me to the next
screen where I am now.

4.       The app is now showing some information about accepting their terms f
use, privacy policy and use of cookies. Note that if you swipe through the
screen Voiceover reads stuff that visually is not there. I asked my wife to
look at the screen and at one point when I did another swipe right visually
everything disappeared from the screen and it was just a bunch of colours, then
if I swiped left again it was back.

The point is that the crutial item where it asks you to check a checkbox “I
accept the terms of use, privacy policy and use of cookies” is not accessible
with Voiceover. It is not announced as a checkbox, instead visually there is a
little box to the right of that which is where you have to tap in order to
check it.

Knowing that I was able to put my finger there, turn Voiceover off with a
triple click of the home button and then I tapped my finger down where it was
hovering and I could check the checkbox. I then turned Voiceover back on and
now I was able to double tap on Continue which is a proper button at the very
bottom right above the home screen.

On the next screen again Voiceover reads stuff that is not there and while I
was able to advance a bit further and get to where I was supposed to enter my
name, eTicket number and so on, I really don’t think this app is worth the
trouble right now. Just get your paper boarding pass when you check in at
Jinnah International for your flight to Dubai and again in Dubai for your
Cathay Pacific flight to Vancouver via Hong Kong, they should be able to give
you both boarding passes in Dubai since both flights are with Cathay Pacific.

If you want I guess you could take the time to find an email for Cathay Pacific
and write to them asking them to make the app Voiceover accessible. I don’t
think it would take that much.