Hi Jenny,

Have you set Outlook as your default mail client?

Go to Settings (Windows Key+I), then press enter on System and arrow down to
Default Apps, press enter on it to select it and tab until you get to “email”,
if it is correctly selected Jaws or whatever screenreader you use should say
“email, Outlook 2016 button”. If it says anything else like “email, mail
button” it means the Windows 10 mail app is selected which is the default when
you install Windows 10.

To change it press enter on that button and tab until you find Outlook, then
press enter to select it. You can then close the Settings with Alt+F4, there is
no Save or Done button.

If Outlook is selected as the default mail app and you still get this, then I
assume you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 and something
didn’t go quite right during the upgrade. This happened to me and I had exactly
the same issue as what you describe. I also had a few other problems so
eventually I decided to wipe everything out, I put Windows 10 on a USB stick
with the Media Creation Tool and started from scratch. I deleted the partitions
on my hard drive, repartitioned it, formatted it and installed an entirely
clean version of Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit. I reinstalled Office 2016 and
all other apps and from that day on my over 4-year old laptop works perfectly,
it’s fast, responsive and rarely crashes.

I did, however, do this with one of my employees who is sighted and did not use
a talking installation. It’s a lot of work and requires a bit of knowledge, ut
it was worth it. One last comment before I stop here since while the Outlook
integration is on topic for the list, the Windows 10/Outlook discussion isn’t
really. Both my brother and my Mom upgraded to Windows 10 from a Windows 7
installation and all went perfectly. Microsoft has really made this super easy
and even my 72-year old Mom was able to do this without a hitch.