Hi Arnold,

What exactly do you mean by "it is unable to do it if I am listening via my
phone's speaker"?
I just played Maggie May by Rod Stewart on my Sonos system in the bedroom. I
asked SIRI "What song is this", SIRI said "OK, let me listen" and it made the
beeps again when it's listening and after about 3 or 4 seconds it said "I'm
pretty sure this is Maggie May by Rod Stewart, but please don't ask me to sing
it".

Now, there is some inconsistency here because a while back I asked SIRI what
song was playing and it would persistently tell me the song that was queued up
to play on my iPhone instead of going into listening mode so it could listen to
music externally.
Today when I just did this I started playing Hotel California on my iPhone and
then I asked SIRI again and each time no matter how I asked SIRI would start
listening wanting to tell me what song it heard instead of telling me what was
currently playing on my phone. I even asked "What song is currently playing on
my iPhone" and all to no avail.
I find SIRI does really well identifying songs that are playing externally, but
I should still be able to ask SIRI what is playing on my phone, too. This is
just one more example showing on the one hand how smart SIRI can be but also
how dum and limited it ccan be.