Hi Sieghard,

First, it’s black nylon canvas, not leather as I said.  It has a leather-like
feel to it to me.

It has four different ways to secure it to you:

The belt clip holds it vertically (and does not swivol as yours does),

One strap (under the belt clip) provides a way to pass your belt through it so
it is hanging vertically from your belt,

A second different strap allows you to pass a belt through so it hangs
horizontally from your belt,

And the d-ring (they call it a carabiner), which is removable if you don’t like
it, secures to a swivol ring which naturally just lets it hang vertically,
although you can rotate it to be horizontal when you sit down.

The Amazon link is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NKA4NQY?psc=1
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NKA4NQY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01>
 &redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01

The second strap which holds it horizontally onto a belt is very large, and I
use it to hold the earbuds which came with the Iphone inside of the pocket that
this strap naturally forms; it’s tight enough the earbuds stay securely in
place, and while I try to carry my bluetooth device with me and keep it
charged, I’m glad to have them as a backup should I forget something.

I believe it’s just under $12, and like you, the carabiner was the thing which
attracted me to it; I do wish the belt clip swivoled though (that’s just nice),
but I used the carabiner because it gives such freedom of movement to the
holster as I sit, and it holds it more in front of me (when secured onto the
front belt loop) which makes sitting less difficult in tight chairs.

You can buy these carabiners in packs of two for a couple of dollars (I just
bought some at a big box hardware store) if your holster has any sort of small
ring you could pass it through.

Hth,

Chip