You know I just cannot let this go without saying how wrong you are Kristeen.
There was never any implication made that you as a totally blind person could
or could not use the app, but instead it clearly was stated in short that
sighted help would yield the best results for ensuring clarity of the image. If
you understand how the app works then how can you call this a flaw? A flaw
would imply that the intended functionality failed to work as specified because
of a bug in the code etc.
I really think you are essentially saying the app is a failure just because it
was not designed explicitly for a totally blind person to use without any
sighted help at all. I do not recall anywhere it being stated that the app
could be used only with sighted assistance or could be used by a totally blind
person. If you can line the camera up sufficiently to get a good image then
this would be a non-issue and if not then maybe sighted help would be in order.
Besides, 98% of the time means you have the opportunity to get some help if
necessary. Oh and obviously all this is going to be dependent on how you use
the app.
So a flaw? No, not a flaw or deficit.