Hmm, but in order to double tap anywhere to open an app you have to first touch
the app and when you touch the app you already have your finger in the right
place to press and invoke the 3D touch menu.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Ronald van Rhijn
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 5:45 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iphone se

I never use 3D Touch. Of course its all new and we need to get used to it. My
biggest problem with it in terms of time saving is concerned is you have to put
your finger on the exact location of the app you want to perform the 3D action
on. Personnally I swipe alot to get to the desired app and then double tapping
somewhere on the screen to open. So by the time I find the exact location of
some apps, I already opened it with swiping and double tapping anywhere on the
screen.

No doubt more and better usage of 3D Touch will come.

Ronald

Op 23 mrt. 2016, om 08:32 heeft Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca
<mailto:siegh...@live.ca> > het volgende geschreven:

Hi Kevin,

It is new and something to learn/get used to. I am not sure what you mean by
“it’s not discoverable”, but I find it easy to check if 3D Touch options are
available and have gotten quite comfortable using it in certain situations. For
example, using it with the App Store app if I want to search for an app.
Instead of double tapping on the app, then double tapping on the search tab at
the bottom and then finding the search edit field at the top left and double
tapping on it to put focus in it and bring up the keyboard, I just press down
on the App Store icon on the home screen, do a quick swipe right (that puts me
on the “Search” option in the menu, then I do a quick double tap and bingo,
focus is already in the search box with the keyboard on the screen waiting for
me to type my search term.

Another example is the Phone app. If I want to call my wife, my office or my
manager on his mobile, I just press down on the phone app, swipe a couple of
times and double tap on one of the 3 names that are part of the context menu
(they are the first 3 in your Favorites list). Another app with useful
functions in the context menu is the Camera app.

These are just a few examples, I’m sure in time Apple will figure out more ways
to make this useful and as far as it being natural or not probably depends on
you. Eventually everything becomes muscle memory and we have to keep in mind
that 3D Touch for sighted people has many more applications which we as blind
users may not be able to use.