It sounds like this speed setting is for each book, and not a single
setting for all books. Is that correct? Thanks. Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Wayne Merritt
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 2:03 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: AudioBooks.com

If you're using Audible, when listening to the book, swipe/flick right
to the Sppeed button and double tap on it. If you then flick right two
or three more times, there will be an adjustable slider that you can
adjust by swiping up or down. I have mine set to triple speed for most
books, unless the narrator has a significant accent or is overseas, in
which I slow it down to double speed. Anyway, reading at faster speed
is more enjoyable for me and helps the books go by faster than normal
speed. If I had to listen at normal speed, I likely would not use the
service, :)

Regards,
Wayne

On 8/31/12, Chuck Dean <cadean...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A bit off topic, but I thought you folks would know.
> Being an avid reader, I used to subscribe to Audible  dot com before I
got
> my iPhone. Now, I utilize iBooks and Read 2 Go,  I tried an audio book
on
> the Overdrive app a few weeks ago, and found it to be incredibly slow
> reading.
> Is there a way to increase the speech rate on audio books, without
> distorting the sound of the voice?
>
> Chuck
>

> On Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:23:42 PM UTC-7, Joe wrote:
>>
>> Sorry if this has already been shared, but the new AudioBooks.com app
lets

>> you listen to unlimited books on iOS for a flat monthly fee. Thought
some

>> here would appreciate the news.

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt