Hi Paul,

Nest is not RadioThermostat.com, they have nothing to do with each other. Nest
is Google. I bought some Dropcams a while ago for my store, they are wireless
video security cameras which can keep a 10-day or 30-day recording log online
(depending on your plan) and Dropcam was consequently bought out by Nest. I
remember a news article a few months ago where something happened (it was in
the winter) and people didn’t have access to their Nest thermostats for a day
or so and I think the temperature set itself quite low. Once again, I don’t
have one, but it sounded like you can’t control them locally which, if that is
the case, I think would be pretty silly. The thermostats used by Radio
Thermostat are just digital thermostats which you can control also locally and
of course they have the WiFi capability so you can control them via the app,
but if your WiFi went down or their servers and you are at home you can still
set them to whatever you want.

There is also one on the Apple Store which is super expensive at I think $250,
I can’t remember what the Nest ones cost, but the Radio Thermostat one you can
get I think for $99 and as far as I am concerned there is no reason why such a
thermostat should cost much more than $100 or $120.