I am not currently using K1000 v.14. My scanner is too old to run on anything except XP and I didn't see any reason to upgrade when v.13 was giving me incredible results. For example, I'm currently doing Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon's Chrome Borne. I found less than 10 paragraph problems with that book using its version of Fine Engine. I have heard that OB 9 has advanced but not anything specific. K1000 generally has great tools for fixing scanned output. It certainly didn't get any downgrades with the latest version. I would be interested in what replies you get on this issue and I hope you would send them this way.
Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joanne Chua" <shuang.an...@gmail.com>
To: <undisclosed-recipients:>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:05 AM
Subject: Ot: comparing: Openbook vs K1000

Hi there,

In i'm the market of getting an OCR software. I have experience with
both software in the pass, some versions ago.  Just wondering, for
those that may have use both or  have experience with both software,
especially the openbook 9 and k1000 14, what is the advantes and
disadvantages of each other?

What do you like about openbook and k1000?

I can get the Pearl camera with the openbook however, that is not my
first consideration. I need an OCR software that can scan accurate,
fast, and reliable.

I have ABBY Find reader on my IMac, however, i'm looking for some
window os solution.

Thanks for all the suggestions, comments and thoughtss

Regards
Joanne