Hello List,

I just installed iCloud for Windows on my Windows 7 computer and have a
question about syncing before I step in something and end up with duplicates
on my iPhone 6.

I understand conceptually that with iCloud for Windows, items I have ticked
such as Outlook contacts and calendars will be kept in sync between my
computer and the Apple servers hosting the iCloud. I've always synced my
contacts and calendars and music between my computer and my iPhone using
iTunes and expect I'll continue to sync my music this way going forward. I
just want to make sure before turning on contacts and calendars in my iPhone
iCloud settings that doing this won't cause duplicates.

Can someone who has been using iCloud and iTunes give me a bit of an
overview and assurance that I won't cause duplication on my phone by turning
on iCloud contacts and calendars? I also assume the devices are smart enough
not to duplicate items if I run a sync operation within iTunes. I'm just a
bit nervous since syncing things to iCloud and having those same items
checked to sync in iTunes in what I'll call a manual sync seems a bit
counter-intuitive. Do those who use iCloud for syncing make sure the same
things aren't marked for syncing in iTunes?

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Alan Lemly