Well, we all want to know when it's working ... or at the very least when you get an extra phone as a replacement!

Carol P

On 16/04/2016 16:34, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

Hi,

just wanted to let everybody know that my brother finally found my iPhone 6S yesterday. I lost it during a walk on December 22. It was just off to the side a bit in a place where we spent probably a whole hour looking back then. My brother said now that the snow and ice is gone he saw it almost right away when he went back there.

From the outside the iPhone is in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. Of course after 4 months outside in the snow with temperatures as low as -30 Celsius and going through the snow melt and a few rain showers since it is pretty unlikely that the phone is still working. I guess one good thing is that the battery should be deader than dead and there is definitely no electricity remaining. At this point I told my brother to just stick it in a ziplock bag filled with rice so that any moisture is absorbed. They live a long way from any town on a cattle ranch in northern British Columbia so it will not be until next Tuesday that somebody gets to a post office and at that point my Mom will send it back to me. By the time I receive it (most likely next Friday) it will have been in rice for a week and I guess I’ll just plug it in and see what happens. If it is completely dead I should still be able to get a new phone from Apple with my Apple Care Plus plan even if I have to pay whatever fee they now charge, I think it’s $130 or $160 or something like that here in Canada. Still worthwhile for getting another new iPhone 6S 64 Gb.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>.