It depends on the Bluetooth headset. The Plantronics Voyager Edge I just
recently bought is pretty good and there are stereo Bluetooth headsets which
sound very good for music listening, but phone calls are always of reduced
quality. This may not be so noticeable during a regular phone call, but if you
talk to somebody on Skype or via Facetime and the other person uses a Bluetooth
headset they will not sound as good as with a wired headset, that is simply the
nature of the beast. I find it’s adequate for regular calls but I don’t use it
if I talk to somebody on Skype or Facetime because I use these services to some
degree because of the high call quality.

It is also interesting that the call quality with very expensive stereo
headsets is usual;ly even worse. I guess the manufacturers think people use
them for music listening and making or receiving a phone call is not important.
Therefore they don’t put the same quality of microphones and noise cancellation
in. The Plantronics Backbeat Sense which I recently purchased and consequently
returned was aweful that way. I could not get it to even understand me a single
time when I tried to use SIRI even for something as simple as “What is the
time”. It would beep, I would say “What is the time” and SIRI wold come back
and tell me it had trouble understanding me and to try again. A little bit
disappointing if you spend $200 Canadian on a headset, I think that particular
headset is $140 or
$150 in the States, still not cheap and only released last year with Bluetooth
4.0; one would expect better.