You have a point about the touch aspect of these devices, except that,
particularly with the iPad,  which is now being toutted as a computer
replacement, there is a good argument to be made for robust keyboard support.
And if you're going to build it in, why not make it valid for all iOS devices?
Mary

Sent from my iPhone