Hi Dave,

AccessibleWorld has programs for the blind and visually impaired community.
There is a weekly Tek Talk program on Monday evenings where vendors come to
talk about their latest devices, software, etc.
There are also several book groups which meet on a monthly basis.  You
access the AccessibleWorld programs with your computer and speak to other
group members
with a computer microphone.
Here is the website:
www.accessibleworld.org