Ari,
Sorry, but I don't recall exactly how I activated my bonus category. I
opened the app and there was a bonus category activation item on the
home screen, after I signed in, and that I just double tapped on that.
Prior to this, I have clicked a link in an email message, or simply
called Freedom's 800 customer service  number and activated through
the phone's menu, in the rewards subcategory after you log-in. You can
activate up until the 14th of the last month in the quarter. For
instance, you can activate until September 14 for the July-September
quarter, and your rewards will be retroactive to the beginning of the
quarter. Not sure why they allow people so much time to activate, but
oh well.

Good luck,
Wayne

Follow me on Twitter at: