Codex won’t remove drm  from ibooks.  This is why you have to buy the same book
in the Kindle edition.

From: Jerry White
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2016 6:22 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Reading iTunes books in Voice Dream Reader

OK, I tried it, with no success!  Codex says it removed the DRM, but didn't.  I
tried it by first trying to have codex itself remove the DRM and convert the
file, and it failed.  I then tried removing the DRM and importing it on into
VDR, and it had the same results as before… it thought the file was like 5
seconds long!

Thanks so much for the ideas!  Any others?

Jerry