Hi Jim,

I like my StandScan Pro. It will take you a few times assembling it to get the
hang of it but, when you do, its very easy and fast to assemble.  It fits well
in a back pack or briefcase.  It has built-in LED’s so you don’t have to use
the flash.  When I bought mine, it came with the wall adaptor and also the 9
volt battery case.  If you want to spend a few dollars more, you can get the 12
volt battery case that will give you more light for dark rooms.  Remember that,
to get 12 volts, you need 8 AA batteries and that can be quite heavy.

Also, to answer your last question, if your case has a hole at the back for the
camera, the case is not a problem as, with the StandScan, the phone just sits
on top of the box.  The Stand Scan comes with small right angle pieces of
rubber which you stick to the top of the box once your phone has been aligned
properly.  This way, you ton’t need to align the phone every time you use it.
Just lean it against the rubber corners.

Other people may have different opinions but, I’m very happy with my StandScan
Pro for my use.

Ron & Danvers