Hi Kimber,

Although I have the Anker® Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger
External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology external battery, I
suspect it works in similar fashion to your model.

My Anker charger has a series of 4 blue LED lights that are near the top flat
face-up side when the charger is lying on a table with the regular sized USB
female port on the left top edge, the micro USB port on the right top edge, and
the power button on the top of the right long edge. These lights indicate the
level the unit is charged. Mine just illuminated when I pressed the power
button without any cables connected but I seldom use the power button because
mine will power on automatically when it is being charged by plugging its micro
USB cable into the micro port on the end of the battery and  plugging the full
sized USB end into a standard USB port providing the power for charging. I just
tested this and since my charger is almost fully charged, 3 of the blue LED
lights burn constantly while the 4th one indicating the remaining charge
blinked. I believe all 4 burn constantly when the unit is fully charged and it
has safeguards built into it so that it powers off and doesn't over-charge. My
charger also powers off automatically after not being used for whatever the
built-in time period is.

To  charge my iPhone with my Anker, I plug the iPhone's lightning cable into
the full sized USB port of the Anker which causes it to power on automatically
and the small lightning end into my iPhone. As I mentioned previously, after
all cables are disconnected from the Anker, it will power off automatically
after the built-in set time period.

I suspect yours will work in a similar fashion but please post back if you have
other questions.

Alan Lemly