Hi Jennifer,

UYes, you have to use a Podcast app. Apple has released its own Podcast app
and in iOS 6 Podcasts will no longer show up in iTunes as the Apple Podcast
app is going to be pre-installed just as are stock apps like Notes,
Calculator, Clock etc. At this point most people on the list and even
sighted users would agree that the Apple Podcast app is not yet as good as,
for example, Downcast. I am sure that with the release of iOS 6 Podcasts
will probably see an update and it's my understanding that Apple intends
this Podcast app to be as good as it can be. Downcast is probably the
preferred podcast app by many blind users as the developer has made specific
Voiceover improvements and is concerned about the accessibility of his app.
I have used Podcaster, iCatcher and Downcast as well as Apple's Podcast app
and still prefer Downcast. One thing which will set Apple's Podcast app
aside in a way is that with iOS 6 SIRI will work with the Podcast app
similar to how it works now with the music app. This means you maybe able to
say something like "Play the latest episode of the Applevis podcast" and as
long as you are subscribed to the Applevis podcast SIRI will play it. I
guess we probably find out more about that in a couple of hours during the
Apple Event when more about iOS 6 will be said and how far SIRI integration
will go.