Very interesting article. I am wondering if the Bedtime part of the
Clock app can be customized. I have set songs to wake me up on
different days. I appreciate the Bedtime feature, but I hope it can
workw with my songs, or that I can turn it off and go back to the old
Alarm screen. Finding your car in a parking lot sounds really cool
too. Though I don't drive, which is good (hahaha), my wife drives, and
being able to find our car would really come in handy.

Wayne

On 9/8/16, Brett <brettst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> delete these icons, it would make my home screens much cleaner and take less
> organisation to get things set-up the way I like.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett.
>

> Cheers Brett.
>

>> On 8 Sep 2016, at 10:11 AM, Mary Otten <motte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The thing about deleting many default applications is not accurate. You're
>> just getting rid of the icon, not the application. So you're not saving
>> very much storage space. I'm surprised that this publication let that
>> error go through this late in the game. I suppose it is nice to be able to
>> get rid of the icons, rather than sticking the apps in a trash folder. But
>> it's not that big a deal. If they really let you get rid of the apps, that
>> would be a bigger deal in my view.
>> Mary
>>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Sep 7, 2016, at 4:55 PM, Gary Bowers <gdbow...@swbell.net> wrote:
>>>

>>> businessinsider.com
>>> 11 things everyone is going to love about Apple's iOS 10
>>> Paul Szoldra
>>> Apple just announced its new iPhone 7, and coming along with it is a big
>>> update to the iPhone operating system, iOS 10.
>>> iOS 10 will be the biggest OS update Apple has ever made, according to
>>> CEO
>>> Tim Cook.
>>> We got a sneak preview of iOS 10 in July, while it was in beta. If
>>> history
>>> is any guide, the new OS will probably be available for everyone about a
>>> week from now.
>>> We found 11 cool features that just about every Apple fan is going to
>>> love.
>>> Here they are:
>>>
>>> The lock screen has a lot more information that you can instantly
>>> access.
>>> Paul Szoldra/Tech Insider
>>> Instead of the old style where you might see a single notification and
>>> that's about it, iOS 10 gives you a bunch of widgets right on your lock
>>> screen so you can do more stuff quickly.
>>> You can check the weather, see what's next on your calendar, or even
>>> call
>>> one of your favorite contacts right from this screen. Or you can search
>>> for
>>> something you need.
>>> It's also fully customizable, so you can ditch the default apps for news
>>> from The New York Times, photos, or one-click access to your music.
>>> To access it, just swipe to the right on your lock screen.
>>> Everything on your lock screen is also on your unlocked phone as well.
>>> Paul Szoldra/Tech Insider
>>> You can instantly view whatever you're browsing on your computer right
>>> on
>>> your iPhone.
>>> Paul Szoldra/Tech Insider
>>> This is definitely one of the most useful features I found.
>>> Say you're browsing a website on your computer, but you have to head out
>>> door. You might copy the link and put it in your note-taking app or text
>>> message. No more.
>>> Now you can instantly pull up what's displayed on Safari and take it to
>>> go.
>>> Interestingly (and this may be a bug), my default browser on my MacBook
> [...]
>>> take a
>>> picture, or you can scroll to the right to grab stuff from your camera
>>> roll.
>>> It's not a game-changing feature, but it's certainly going to save time
>>> for
>>> most people.
>>> iMessage also has a new animated drawing feature so you can draw artwork
>>> with your finger and send it to your friends, but that's not going to
>>> see
>>> much use until many more people upgrade.
>>> The Photos app automatically creates short videos of your best memories.
>>> Paul Szoldra/Tech Insider
>>> The Photos app has a new tab called Memories, and it automatically
>>> gathers
>>> some of your best moments from certain places and times.
>>> Memories is a pretty cool feature for looking back at key points in your
>>> life, especially if you have thousands of photos on your phone.
>>> If you click on one of the memories, it takes you to a photo gallery and
>>> features a video (with music) at the top. For my "Best of Last 3 Months"
>>> video, for example, it put in photos from different moments along with
>>> video
>>> of my son riding a bike for the first time without training wheels.
>>> That was definitely the best moment. Nice job, Apple.
>>> To access it, just pull up your Photos app and click on Memories.
>>> You can also find photos by location or by a specific person.
>>> Paul Szoldra/Tech Insider
>>> Your photo albums have two new (and very welcome) additions: People and
>>> Places.
>>> After a scan of all of your albums, iOS 10 will use the photo metadata
>>> pin down where you took a picture so you can find it later on a map.
>>> Currently, you have to scroll by year and see vague references of where
>>> hundreds of photos were taken.
>>> It also has facial recognition, so now you can click on your People
>>> gallery
>>> and look for pictures of yourself, your family, or friends.
>>> You can access this in the Photos app by clicking on Albums.
>>> You can finally delete many of the default apps from Apple.
>>> Paul Szoldra/Tech Insider
>>> I had two folders on my iPhone called "Default Apps" and "Rarely Used,"
>>> and
>>> most would have been better in the trash.
>>> iOS 10 lets you get rid of those potentially unwanted apps like Stocks,
>>> Find
>>> Friends, or Apple's default email client.
>>> Many people (like me) use third-party apps to replace Apple's defaults,
>>> so
>>> this small change is great to see.
>>> You can now clear all your notifications instead of having to go through
>>> them app by app.
>>> Paul Szoldra/Tech Insider
>>> In the current version of iOS, you need to clear notifications for each
>>> app.
>>> So if you have new text messages, a couple of new emails, and a news
>>> from The New York Times, you're looking at around six taps just to get
>>> rid
>>> of notifications.
>>> Many people asked Apple for a much quicker solution, and iOS 10
>>> delivers.
>>> Now, all your notifications will be cleared with just two taps.
>>> Bedtime will track your sleep and wake you up with soothing sounds
>>> instead a
>>> jarring alarm.
>>> Paul Szoldra/Tech Insider
>>> Apple updated its Clock app with a darker color scheme, but it has more
>>> than
>>> just new aesthetics.
>>> The new Bedtime tab helps you make sure you are getting the amount of
>>> sleep
>>> you want and keeps track of it over time.
>>> The feature can replace your daily alarm clock that has you jumping for
>>> the
>>> snooze button. Instead, its built-in wake-up sounds include "Early
>>> Riser,"
>>> "Birdsong," and "Droplets," which are a bit more gradual and less
>>> jarring
>>> ways to be woken up.
>>> To access it, open the Clock app and click on Bedtime.

>>> list.

>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the
>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>>
>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn
>>> - you can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com

>>> ---
>>> "VIPhone" group.

>> list.