No, I think what he is looking for is the app that works with an I.R. device
to relay commands to the product he wishes to control.

I don't recall where I saw that, but it is available.
----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher Chaltain
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: a remote control program for i phone

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but several
network enabled home theater receivers have corresponding apps that let
you control them. I've downloaded and played with apps for Yamaha,
Pioneer, Denon and Onkyo. There are also network enabled thermostats
that do the same thing. One that was discussed on a list recently can be
found at http://www.RadioThermostat.com.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail