Hi Terri. Technically, you could send texts with your iPad. What phone do you
have? If you look in messages on your iPhone, there is a setting there called
Text Message Forwarding. If you turn that on and you allow your iPad to do so,
it can send text messages. Try doing that and see if that works.

Shawn
Sent From My White MacBook
Facebook Username: Shawn Krasniuk
Twitter Handle: shawnk_aka_bbs