Hi Dominique,

I think you will only have to learn the few new extra abilities you might make
use of when you switch to a newer phone: for instance, one I can think of is
the “hey siri” command, which you can speak out-loud without holding down the
home button, and then follow it with a command to Siri.

Another is that you can just lay your finger on the fingerprint reader, and the
phone will unlock, without you having to press the home button.

And there’s the 3d touch capability where you can move your finger to an icon
and slightly press on it to get menu choices, rather than starting the app.
This one takes a little more practice, but then a lot of blind people feel it’s
not of much added use, and so don’t use it.

My point being, like the other responder, I agree you won’t have much to learn.

I too am fairly new to the Iphone world, only having had mine for perhaps a
year now.  I really would recommend the books written especially for blind
users of the Iphone (the “Getting Started” book by Anna Dresner was to me the
most helpful of all of them, as it assumed you absolutely were starting from
knowing nothing at all).  Some of the other books were just updates to blind
users, showing how to use what was new with the latest version of IOS.  Their
titles weren’t exactly clear on this, and I bought one accidentally thinking it
was for beginners (something to pay attention to).  I always seem to have some
else which needs to be done, so learning about my Iphone always seemed to be
pushed to “later”, that’s why I like the books, where I can pick up where I
left off.

Hth,

Chip

Chip