Ok my rotor volume is set at 15 percent right now. I adjust the media volume to a level where the tone can be heard, but voice over is still loud enough for people on the other side of the room to hear and completely understand. But since the media volume is tied to alerts, I have to have it up a little to hear the tones. I use the rotor volume to turn voice over down so it's not so loud. I just don't know why the alert volume is tied to the media stream while voice over is running, but goes back to the ringer and alert stream when it's not.