Well, "better" is a subjective term. If you can get it at a cheaper price, and you don't mind the size, then I suppose the Pro is better. But if you want a smaller device, and the (rather small) speed difference isn't a factor in what you're using it for, then the iPad Mini 4 is better. And, as I just mentioned, someone I know is perfectly happy with her iPad Mini 2, using all the apps she wants to use with no problems. So which is "better"? Chip speed is just one factor. There are other factors in deciding whether one device is "better" than another, including price and size.
Evan

-----Original Message----- From: Ben Mustill-Rose
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 1:57 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: IPad Mini 4

Evan,

Perhaps I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here, but do you
genuinely think that when looking at cold hard numbers the 9.7 pro
isn't better than the mini 4?
The mini 4 uses the A8 SoC and has a 1.5GHZ CPU.
The 9.7 Pro uses the A9X SoC and has a 2.16GHZ CPU.
It's a very simplistic way of looking at it, but 2.16 is a bigger
number than 1.5, there for it is better.

Of course, some people may feel that the increase in performance isn't
enough to justify purchasing it and that the smaller size of the mini
makes up for its outdated technology. that's fine, but that's an
opinion, whereas it is a simple fact that the 9.7 pro contains a
better CPU than the mini 4.

Cheers,
Ben.