Both Seeing Eye and Nearby Explorer do turn-by-turn while in a car.
I've had very good experiences with Nearby Explorer in a car. It keeps up with
no problems.
I personally do not want an app trying to tell me about points of interest when
in a car, so that topic doesn't matter to me.
As for price, Seeing Eye has three options:
$69.99 per year.
$129.99 for three years.
$299.99 for Seeing Eye GPS XT, which is a one time payment.
Nearby explorer is a one time payment of $79.99.
HTH,
Richard