Do they iMessages turned on in their Settings? Hopefully they are running IOS
5.x.
Frank Ventura
Email: frank.vent...@littlebreezes.com<mailto:frank.vent...@littlebreezes.com>
Voicemail: 781 492-4262
Imessage: frankmvent...@mac.com<mailto:frankmvent...@mac.com>

*Sent from my Mac Book Air*

On Sep 18, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Hope Paulos
<hope.pau...@gmail.com<mailto:hope.pau...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello. I have a friend that has an iPhone 3GS. I'm wondering if they can send
iMessages? Every time I try to send a message to them, it turns out to be text.
Unfortunately, I do not have a texting plan, and it is important that I get a
hold of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.